This post will be short as I don’t feel like I achieved much, but I recognise the imposter’s rancid breath in my ear in this.
So, to acknowledge all the good in 2018, there was:
- First professional sale and publication, thanks to Jeff Wheeler and the Deep Magic team
- Publication of my oldest and most treasured story, Sleepers
- Nomination by the publisher for the Pushcart Prize, a prize specifically for indie and small publishers and their work, again thanks to the Deep Magic team
- Prioritising my writing for the first time in almost a decade, wherein I began learning to revise
- Getting to attend two awesome writing retreats, where I had a marvellous time with good friends
- My new local crit group who are awesome and helped me with one of my newest short works, now out on sub
- Meeting so many wonderful writers at different community events and conferences
- I’ve been tremendously lucky and acknowledge the sheer privilege of having the resources to prioritise my writing this year.
As for 2019, I want to continue to improve my craft through more writing, critiques and practice.
And read more. I really miss reading.
And time with the fluff. And the husband.
So, the wishes from me to you are for the time to dedicate to the pursuits you love, and more cuddles with furry loved ones.
That’s my 2019 plan after all.
Leave a Reply